Begin your flight by taking control of an aircraft & experiencing the sensation of flight with Cooking Lake Aviation!
A Discovery Flight is designed to allow those who are interested in flying to experience flight from the left seat of an airplane. You will take control of the aircraft and go through some of the basic in flight maneuvers while being accompanied by an instructor.
Head west and experience a flight over the city of Edmonton, or fly out east and experience the Alberta prairies with a eagles view of the farm fields & various lakes!
Every pilot, from recreational & private pilots to career commercial pilots begin their flying with a Discovery Flight.
If you have already determined that flight training is what you’d like to pursue, our Flight Instructors will incorporate aspects of lesson 1 into the flight! The hours from the Discovery Flight will then go directly into your logbook!
DURING A DISCOVERY FLIGHT, YOU WILL BE INTRODUCED TO:
• Takeoff & Landing
• Aircraft Familiarization
• Climbing and Descending
• Attitudes of Flight
• Pitch, Roll & Yaw
• How to Communicate With Other Aircraft & Air Traffic Controllers
1. Winner is responsible for their own transportation to the Cooking Lake Airport.
Cooking Lake Airport / Cooking Lake Aviation
Hangar #70, 51401 Range Road 221
Sherwood Park, AB, T8E 1H1
2. Winner may bring up to 2 passengers however the combined weight of all passengers must not surpass 500lbs.
3. Flight date subject to availability. Winner will receive a voucher and will be responsible for booking a date directly with Cooking Lake Aviation.
4. All passengers must be able to provide proof of vaccination. Negative PCR or Rapid tests are not accepted.
5. The prize is not redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
6. If a winner cannot be contacted within 1 week or is disqualified for any reason, Sage Print & Sign Ltd. reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
7. PR, Publicity, Promotion; Use of Personal Information. By participating in this contest, the winner grants the company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
8. One entry per person only (Repeat entries may negate your eligibility)
9. Chances of winning are determined by eligible entries received during the contest period.